The Laois Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (LSPCA) is a voluntary organisation established to prevent cruelty to animals in the Laois area. Our main aim is to provide medical help as well as food and shelter to abandoned sick and injured animals.
All money collected by the society goes directly towards the care of animals (domestic, farm and wild).
We promote the spaying and neutering of dogs and cats to reduce the number of unwanted pups and kittens. Our committee members attend schools and other organisations informing the general public of our work.
Charity Number: CHY20064266
DAFM No: KPT200001C
- To rescue sick and injured dogs and report to the Dog Warden. If no owner can be found we will take the dog for veterinary treatment and, where advised by the vet, will authorise treatment for injuries and after vaccinating, neutering and microchipping we will rehome the dog.
- Where foster space allows we will take dogs from Laois Dog Pound, neuter and complete vaccinations before rehoming.
- To rescue sick adult cats and abandoned kittens, treat any ailments, vaccinate and neuter before rehoming.
- Where foster space allows we will take into our care stray adult cats who, after advertising for their owner, will be vaccinated and neutered before rehoming.
- Run a TNR scheme for feral cats.
- Post details of lost and found animals on our Facebook page.
- Give educational talks to schools and adult groups.
- Promote neutering by arranging reduced cost neutering schemes for cats and dogs as funds allow.
Website developed & maintained by Peter Breen